Saturday, March 7, 2009

6 weeks old!!

Today Hendrix is 6 weeks old! Where did that time go? Here is a mosaic of pictures I made for your enjoyment...and a poem I stold from a friend's blog that melted my heart.



Poem:


Before I Was A Mom


Before I was a Mom,I never tripped over toysOr forgot words to a lullaby.I didn't worry whether or notMy plants were poisonous...I never thought about immunizations.Before I was a Mom,I had never been puked on.Pooped on.Chewed on.Peed on.I had complete control of my mindAnd my thoughts.I slept all night.Before I was a Mom,I never held down a screaming childSo doctors could do tests.Or give shots.I never looked into teary eyes and cried.I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.I never sat up late hours at nightWatching a baby sleep.Before I was a Mom,I never held a sleeping babyjust becauseI didn't want to put him down.I never felt my heart break into a million piecesWhen I couldn't stop the hurt.I never knew that something so smallCould affect my life so much.I never knew that I could love someone so much.I never knew I would love being a Mom.Before I was a Mom,I didn't know the feeling ofHaving my heart outside my body.I didn't know how special it could feelTo feed a hungry baby.I didn't know that bondBetween a mother and her child.I didn't know that something so smallCould make me feel so important and happy.Before I was a Mom,I had never gotten up in the middle of the nightEvery 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.I had never knownthe warmth,The joy,The love,The heartache,The wondermentOr the satisfaction of being a Mom.I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,Before I was a Mom!


Pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment