Thursday, September 25, 2008

9/25 update

David and I just got back from the high risk doctor..with good news. There are no hydrops (excess fluid that a growing mass would cause)..and while he couldn't clearly say that the mass had shrunk..he DID SAY that the heart looks less crowded than 2 weeks ago, and Hendrix looks better! God is good..all the time. Thank you all SOOOO very much for all the prayers, they are SO very appreciated. Please continue to pray that God would heal Hendrix and that David and I would continue to have peace these next 2 weeks while we wait until our next appt. :0)

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Peace and Hope

On Saturday David, my mom, and I went to our 2nd (of 12) baby class meetings. We thought it would be a good idea to tell the instructor what was going on with Hendrix in case we do have to have surgery within the next 7 weeks, she would know why we stopped showing up. As we were telling her the whole story with the 4 possible scenarios she listened intently. She then said "wow you guys seem to be taking this REALLY well". That statement REALLY meant a lot to me, although I have nothing to do with it. Our family and friends have been covering the 3 of us in prayer and in return David and I seem to have this peace that certainly doesn't fit what's going on right now. I am so thankful for this, since like I have said before, I am the queen worrier. However..this 2 week wait until our next appt. does seem to be dragging by soooo slowly. Please keep praying that David and I would continue to find peace in our hearts about this situation, and also pray that God would put His healing hand on Hendrix and remove or shrink the mass in his right lung. Thank you to everyone. :0)

Thursday, September 11, 2008

He's My Son

Mark Schultz \ He's My Son:
I'm down on my knees again tonight I'm hoping this prayer will turn out right See there is a boy that needs Your help I've done all that I can do myself. His mother is tired I'm sure You can understand Each night as he sleeps She goes in to hold his hand And she tries not to cry As the tears fill her eyes.
Can You hear me? Am I getting through tonight? Can You see him? Can You make him feel all right? If You can hear me Let me take his place somehow See, he's not just anyone He's my son.
Sometimes late at night I watch him sleep I dream of the boy he'd like to be I try to be strong and see him through But God who he needs right now is You Let him grow old Live life without this fear What would I be Living without him here He's so tired and he's scared Let him know that You're there.
Can You hear me? Can You see him? Please don't leave him He's my son

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Update on Appointment

We went to the high risk pregnancy doctor today for a level 2 ultrasound. Hendrix's heart looks good, but he has a mass in his right lung. He will likely require surgery after birth, and I may have to deliver downtown Harris. I now have to go back every 2 weeks to the specialist for ultrasounds (sonograms). We are praying that the mass will shrink, which will mean that he will have surgery either right after birth (if he's having trouble breathing at delivery) or 3-6 months after birth (if he has no trouble breathing at birth.) HOWEVER...if the mass grows, it will then start taking up space that the heart needs..and Hendrix would then need prenatal surgery (surgery while I'm still pregnant.) That is usually done on or around 28 weeks, (which is only 8 weeks away..scary)

This website explains everything very well, so please check it out if I just rambled on and you still have no idea what's going on:

Please pray that the mass shrinks, doesn't grow as Hendrix grows, and doesn't push into his heart's space. Please also pray that David and I, as well as our family would have peace about this situation, and continue to have faith that God knows exactly what He is doing.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Tomorrow's Appt.

Tomorrow is the appt with the high risk preg. doctor. I'm praying that they will have no trouble finding Hendrix's aorta..and that he was just in a weird position when my regular sonographer couldn't find it. I've had peace about this since we found out they couldn't see it last Wednesday. I'm the queen worrier and I have only thought about this appt a few times...I am so thankful for that...but the appt is very close now and I'm starting to feel nervous..and my peace is subsiding. I know that the King of Peace is always with me, I just sometimes choose to not accept His comfort. Please pray for Hendrix, that his body is whole and everything is working just as it should be. Also, please pray for David and I, that we would have peace no matter what the doctor tells us tomorrow, and that we remember that He will be there with us.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

**pictures added**Snips and snails and puppy dog tails...

That's what little BOYS are made of!
That's right we are having a little BOY.....blew our minds...we were totally convinced it was a girl....but there was NO denying shy boy here!
So now our baby has a name: Hendrix Alexander Nickle
David will scan the pictures on Friday. The doctor scheduled us an appointment with a high risk dr for a higher level ultrasound b/c they could not see the aorta..PROBABLY b/c the baby had his head tucked down, all snuggly. Dr said nothing to worry about right now..they just want to be sure everything is ok. So that is next Tuesday at a different hospital. Everything else looks great.
DH is of course very optimistic and I am trying to do the same. Prayers please.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Big Reveal......

will happen tomorrow night, I'm guessing around 9pm. We are having our parents and siblings over for dessert to share the big news and we will blog/myspace/facebook/twitter the big news after that!