Thursday, May 27, 2010

Coming to an End

This morning may have been H's last time to nurse. It's getting less and less common. I cherished every moment. I sat up in bed (as opposed to my laying-down-half-asleep position) and I held his long body that no longer fits in my cradled arms. Here lately he has only been nursing a few minutes on each side, but this morning was different. It was as if he was cherishing it too. While nursing he signed dad, so I said "dad" followed by "mom". He stopped nursing just long enough to say "mama" which brought me to tears because he very rarely says mama. I made sure to sing him the "mommy's milk is so good" little jingle I made up and have been singing him since the very beginning. I also tickled him just to see his silly I'm-trying-so-hard-not-to-laugh-while-nursing face he does that I adore so much. Ahhh...I love this kid. A lot.

signature image

2 comments:

  1. My heart smiles to know, you love him so much. You bless me more than you'll ever know by the way you love him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet...sniff sniff! I am not looking forward to that day...I LOVE breastfeeding too!

    ReplyDelete