Thursday, November 22, 2007

Mashed Potatoes


So for Thanksgiving lunch Ruth asked me to make mashed potatoes this year. I was VERY excited! I found a recipe that looked good online, then changed it up just a bit. David and I drink skim milk, and I wasn't sure that was going to get me the creamy potatoes I wanted so I added buttermilk as well.


Here's the recipe, originally from allrecipes.com, then adapted by me:


INGREDIENTS
6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed -or one for each person
1/2 cup warm milk
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 teaspoon salt -then add more to taste
1/2 cup buttermilk-if you used skim milk
dash of pepper

DIRECTIONS
Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well. Add milk, butter, salt, buttermilk, and pepper; mash until light and fluffy.


No comments:

Post a Comment