Wednesday, October 8, 2008

God is SO good!

God is good..all the time. David and I had another high risk appt today, and I can't even begin to describe the joy and thankfulness that fills our hearts right now. The doctor said that he couldn't even believe he was looking at the same baby, his lungs have improved THAT much. He went on to say that it was almost scary because if this would have been our first time in to his office and he didn't know what we were coming in for, he probably would have missed the mass when looking at the sonogram. He said that the mass is DEFINITELY shrinking, his heart is almost back in it's normal spot (the mass was shoving it way over) and he doesn't think that Hendrix will have any hydrops forming (those would need in-utero surgery). He said since things are looking so good that we can have 4 week appts now instead of going in every 2 weeks..We also found our that our little boy is (approx.) 1lb 8 oz, and today I hit the 6 month mark! The doctor also said "congratulations" as he walked out the door. Hearing a doctor say "I can't believe this" is the most in-awe-of-God thing ever...it's like God said "hey watch this". We cannot express enough our deepest appreciation for all the people who know our situation and have been praying for us. At no time this week did I ever have FEAR or WORRY about this appt. today. I thought about it a few times, but with a very peaceful heart. That speaks nothing to me and everything to the prayers that are being prayed and answered, and to a God who is the greatest Comforter there is. I cried on the way home, just in awe of what God has done, how His mercy has shown up, and how His healing hands have been on Hendrix. To think that God is taking care of my son in the ways I can't is breathtaking.

Psa 34:1 I bless GOD every chance I get; my lungs expand with his praise.

This is a verse my father in law sent me and I've really hung on to it the past month, praying that not only my lungs, but Hendrix's lungs too, would expand with praise for God...and they have.

3 comments: