Wednesday, January 14, 2009

38 week appt.

Just got back from the dr. I'm still 1-2 cm and am now effaced 80% (up 5) and I'm almost at -2 station. She said the baby's head is REALLLLYYYY low! She offered to induce me between 38-39 weeks (basically next week) but I told her I really wanted to go on my own (trying to stay away from pitocin since I'm planning on no EPI...but dang that was hard to turn down!!). She also said that next week she will strip my membranes (fun times) She said I could wait until my due date, but she really expects me to go early.That makes me feel good, but also gets my hopes up!

2 comments:

  1. LOL...that just means separating the bag of waters from the opening of the cervix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had my membranes stripped 5 days past due and I had some small contractions, but they went away and I went into labor two days later. It is only my opinion, but I think that the baby will come when he is ready, and you should definately not miss out on the experience of going in to labor on your own. It is very exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete