Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hendrix Alexander

So even though I (David) have been listed on this blog as contributor, i've never actually blogged. Sitting here in this half hospital love seat/chair bed I couldn't think of a better time or occasion to welcome my self to the blogging world. Over the last 30 hours have been the most rewarding expiernce of my lifetime. I've fallen absolutly head over heels for the little person who when I look at his peacefully tiny/sleeping little body I just melt. I've never been more proud in my entire life. Proud to be the Daddy of a handsome little boy, proud to be the husband of the strongest woman I know, (if she ever tells you our birth story/plan you'll think so too) and apart of the most amazing family I could ever ask for. As I type this all I can think about is two people, one who is asleep resting and the other who even though I just put in his little basket and he is not more than 2 feet from I still miss him. I miss his soft skin, his face, all the grunts/squeals he makes while he sleeps. I miss feeling his chest move up and down. This was by far the most exhausting both emotionally and physically day of my life. Seeing the woman you love so much struggle to bring our little man into this world for 21 hours was the hardest thing i've ever done. It was truly an amazing experience, one that no matter how many times people tell you, you just don't understand until you've been there. My biggest fear in all of this, is not being responsible for Hendrix my Son, Hendrix the Boy, or Hendrix the Man. My biggest fear is knowing i'm responsible for his Soul, his place in enternity. Pray for strength and wisdom as I walk the path of not only teaching him to live like Jesus, but for me to find that less traveled path myself. So as I function on about 4 hours of sleep since 6 a.m Friday morning all I can think about is finishing this blog and holding the most perfect little boy i've ever met. I can't imagine going to sleep tonight, b/c truly I don't want to miss a thing (yes I did just copy Aerosmith that "new band"). Inside joke :-). Anyways thanks for all your prayers, thoughts and love we truly would have never made it this far w/o you.






David






6 comments:

  1. David,

    That made me cry, that is so very sweet, having children is like nothing else. He is a beautiful little boy and congratulations to both of you, y'all are going to make great parents.

    Jennifer Hayes(Pierce)

    ReplyDelete
  2. David

    He is absolutely beautiful, Jennifer is right you guys will make awesome parents. It seems like yesterday you and Jennifer were in Kindergarten, now you are a Dad. Enjoy evey minute of Hendrix it will go by fast.

    Kari Pierce (Jennifers Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. David

    He is absolutely beautiful, Jennifer is right you guys will make awesome parents. It seems like yesterday you and Jennifer were in Kindergarten, now you are a Dad. Enjoy every minute of Hendrix it will go by fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That made me cry. Cassie, you need to print that and put it in Hendrix's baby book. That is so sweet!! David and Cassie, you will be great parents! You are just going to love it. Your life will never be the same!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS on a happy healthy baby boy!!! He is so big! So glad all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will be an amazing father...God will show you how to lead your beautiful little family. I am so proud of you and I know it is not because of anything your dad or I did or said when you were growing up, but because of the Grace of God that He has made you into the man that you are. MOM

    ReplyDelete